Utilities and Energy companies today face an increase burden of managing risk and complying with myriad regulations. Specific business challenges include:
- Environmental, health & safety (EH&S) risks
- Limited supply of energy resources, capital, liquidity and credit
- Volatility in both demand and commodity prices
- High competition to access of new reserves
- Scarcity in natural resources
- High cost of maintaining aging infrastructure
- Increased regulatory pressure including social responsibility, mining rights, clean air and water regulations, etc.
In this environment Chief Risk Officers and Chief Compliance Officers need to operate effectively and efficiently. Specifically, the risk and compliance functions require solutions that:
- Ensure compliance with myriad regulations across multiple geographies within cost and time constraints
- Provide a complete and accurate enterprise view into risk
- Create a single, integrated view of risk and compliance across the organization
- Contain internal fraud
- Link risks to root causes, events, hazards and other elements of governance, risk and compliance
- Manage project risk and govern investments
Cura Software’s suite of Governance, Risk and Compliance Management solutions was developed to help utilities and energy organizations make their risk and compliance initiatives more effective and efficient. With a host of satisfied customers including BG Group plc, BHP Billiton PLC, Con Edison, Eskom, TRUEnergy, Hydro Tasmania, ETSA utilities, Horizon Power, Western Power, Queensland Gas and Water Corporation Australia Cura Software is the undisputed leader in risk and compliance for the mining and resources industry.
By partnering with Deloitte (North America) Cura is able to deliver best practice solutions to utilities and energy companies. Specifically, Cura Software enables Utilities and Energy companies to:
- Implement Enterprise Risk Management best practices through a flexible, easy-to-use information system that allows organizations to identify, analyze, evaluate and treat both risks and opportunities in order to protect the corporate brand, create value for shareholders, owners, employees, customers and regulators. Learn More…
- Create a single, integrated system of record for all risk and compliance related information. Learn More…
- Provide real-time visibility into the state of risk and compliance management to all levels of the organization with interactive dashboards and reports Learn More…
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environment regulations with capabilities to capture, record, investigate and audit HS&E issues.
- Audit Management allows efficient consolidation of disparate audit requirements and results. Learn More…
To learn more about Cura Software and our GRC solutions for the Mining and Resources industry, visit the links below or schedule a live Cura Software demonstration.